Indian Defence
Indian Defence
Indian Defence
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Indian Defence

a forum dedicated to the defence analysts of india

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What about Russian Air Defence missile S-400?? We reallyneed such systems.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
JineshJK
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
JineshJK

What about Russian Air Defence missile S-400?? We reallyneed such systems. Empty
PostSubject: What about Russian Air Defence missile S-400?? We reallyneed such systems.   What about Russian Air Defence missile S-400?? We reallyneed such systems. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 4:36 pm

I think russia will not export it for 5-6 years.
There is no match for this SAM system.
Speed:12 Mach
Range:400km
An Ultimate ballistic missile killer...
Back to top Go down
http://www.jineshjkviews.blogspot.com
indian
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
indian

What about Russian Air Defence missile S-400?? We reallyneed such systems. Empty
PostSubject: agreed   What about Russian Air Defence missile S-400?? We reallyneed such systems. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 5:44 pm

i couldn't agree with more JK you have hit the nail in the head

but a couple of important points i agree that the S-400 can shoot down any plane even stealth planes, but what about missiles with MIRV & multiple warhead technology ????

i last heard that pakistan is developing MIRV technology for it's missiles

China already has MIRV technology,

so my point is that it's the best air-defence system in the world but for missiles with multiple warheads there is no escaping

long live russia friend

Btw russia also has the short range pantsir-s1 check it out, in short range category it's leathal
Back to top Go down
JineshJK
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
JineshJK

PostSubject: S400 vs MIRV System..   What about Russian Air Defence missile S-400?? We reallyneed such systems. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 5:57 am

indian wrote:
i couldn't agree with more JK you have hit the nail in the head

but a couple of important points i agree that the S-400 can shoot down any plane even stealth planes, but what about missiles with MIRV & multiple warhead technology ????

i last heard that pakistan is developing MIRV technology for it's missiles

China already has MIRV technology,

so my point is that it's the best air-defence system in the world but for missiles with multiple warheads there is no escaping

long live russia friend

Btw russia also has the short range pantsir-s1 check it out, in short range category it's leathal

Yeah.. MIRVs are real challenge or an impossible target for majority of current SAM systems..
But using the stunning speed, S-400 can strike each Re-entry vehicles(Warheads) at high altitude. (fire 2 SAM per one warhead as usual)
Also there is no 100% guarantee

Chinese ICBMs are copied from Russian ICBM Technology(MIRVs too).
Pakistan copying Chinese versions.

Yeah Pantsir is a good one for Short range Air Defence..
Russia and US leading this field. Russians are Superior in this(fastest and accurate ICBMS, reliable and efficient propulsion systems).
Back to top Go down
indian
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
indian

PostSubject: size of S-400   What about Russian Air Defence missile S-400?? We reallyneed such systems. Icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 6:54 am

agreed brother jinesh , very well put, but one thing i am worried about the size of the s-400, some bloggers told me that due to it's size it is easily targetable & highly immobile could you enlighten me on that ????

The main benefit of hit to kill is to destroy ballistic missile warhead. For anti-air, the main benefit is a smaller and less detectable missile (less phume), almost assure destruction if the missile manage to hit the target. But the disadvantage is that it is TOO expensive. A bigger missile with conventional blast fragmentation warhead with EQUAL speed, range a agility is CHEAPER because there is no need for very sophisticated maneuvring mechanism to achieve hit to kill accuracy. A smaller hit to kill missile also has the advantage of being more mobile on the ground and more easily transported and camouflage. A S-400 is so big that it is easy to target them from the air and easy for recon asset to recognise them too.

elephant
Back to top Go down
JineshJK
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
JineshJK

PostSubject: Re: What about Russian Air Defence missile S-400?? We reallyneed such systems.   What about Russian Air Defence missile S-400?? We reallyneed such systems. Icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 5:46 pm

indian wrote:
agreed brother jinesh , very well put, but one thing i am worried about the size of the s-400, some bloggers told me that due to it's size it is easily targetable & highly immobile could you enlighten me on that ????

The main benefit of hit to kill is to destroy ballistic missile warhead. For anti-air, the main benefit is a smaller and less detectable missile (less phume), almost assure destruction if the missile manage to hit the target. But the disadvantage is that it is TOO expensive. A bigger missile with conventional blast fragmentation warhead with EQUAL speed, range a agility is CHEAPER because there is no need for very sophisticated maneuvring mechanism to achieve hit to kill accuracy. A smaller hit to kill missile also has the advantage of being more mobile on the ground and more easily transported and camouflage. A S-400 is so big that it is easy to target them from the air and easy for recon asset to recognise them too.

elephant

I dont think so, ground targets like SAM units are good radiation emitters and that the main problem for them. Incoming aircraft mainly use its RWR and Radar to detect ground targets. Terrain Masking technique is the first option to hide S-400 units from enemy aircraft.But hiding from SAR(Synthetic Aperture Radar)s real challenge. Size of the system is a matter of concern, but S-400 detection range is 400km. Stealth aircrafts are real threat to S-400 if they choose low altitude flight path. But choosing such a flight path is depend upon that territory. High altitude version of S-300 missiles(S-300V) are bigger than the other types and mounted n Self-Propelled TEL, they are usually faster than towed TEL and suitable for rough conditions and terrain(35-40kmph). High mobility.
Compromising size will reduce missile speed and range. So in my view S-400 is a highly optimized rugged SAM system in the world with a service life of 10-15 years. S-400 TEL can afford 1.5 metre deep water.

S-400 carrier cutaway and varients
What about Russian Air Defence missile S-400?? We reallyneed such systems. 20060213_01
What about Russian Air Defence missile S-400?? We reallyneed such systems. S-300PMU2_48H6E3_and_9M96E

Size comparison of different versions..
What about Russian Air Defence missile S-400?? We reallyneed such systems. S-300-400-Missiles

General Details.. S-400 and S-300
What about Russian Air Defence missile S-400?? We reallyneed such systems. 157272494
What about Russian Air Defence missile S-400?? We reallyneed such systems. 119951844

Back to top Go down
ukschauhan87
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
ukschauhan87

PostSubject: hi   What about Russian Air Defence missile S-400?? We reallyneed such systems. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 1:55 pm

well in the december edition of strategic affair magzine it was stated that india will not only buy s-400 but might also jointly develop s-500 with russia as israel do not have anything in long range of this segment s-400 is obvious choice ...
so not too much to worry What about Russian Air Defence missile S-400?? We reallyneed such systems. 97989 What about Russian Air Defence missile S-400?? We reallyneed such systems. 193648 What about Russian Air Defence missile S-400?? We reallyneed such systems. 852790
Back to top Go down
aayush
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

PostSubject: S-400 for India .   What about Russian Air Defence missile S-400?? We reallyneed such systems. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 12:41 am

S- 400 , have 3 different variants.

(1) 9M96 , 9M96E , 0M96E2 :
Range 40 kms. and 120 kms. ( not sure which 9M96 got 40 / 120 kms range )
speed - Mach 5.0

(2) 40N6 : range 400 kms ( against large , slow fling targets )
speed - Mach 12.0

(3) 48N6 : range - 250 kms .
speed - ( not sure ) .

source : wiki .

Which one we are talking for India ? confused
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What about Russian Air Defence missile S-400?? We reallyneed such systems.   What about Russian Air Defence missile S-400?? We reallyneed such systems. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What about Russian Air Defence missile S-400?? We reallyneed such systems.
Page 1 of 1